is a modern solid state radio. It is one of the first and few radios, covering as well HF as the tactical band.
The radio itself alone is called RT-1133/PRC-70.
It is developed as a portable radio, but can also be used as mobile set.
Modes are AM, CW, SSB, FSK and from 30 to 76 MHz also FM.
A fully automatic antenna tuner is built in. It tunes rod antennas, dipoles and long wires in an average of one second.
Two PRC-70, connected by a cable (MK-456 GRC), can operate as a relais or as crossband station.
Voice encryption is possible.
An operation below a voltage of 24 V can damage the radio, that is why the battery has a built in protection BB-542/U.
(See picture gallery)
- Frequency range:
- 2 ... 76 MHz
- Frequency step:
- 100 Hz
- AM, SSB, CW, FSK (2 .. 76 MHz)
- FM (30 .. 76 MHz)
- HF output:
- CW, FM, FSK : 21 .. 42 W
- SSB: 21 .. 42 W
- AM: 7.5 W carrier; 30 W PEP @ 85 % modulation
- AM 2.5µV; SSB/CW/FSK 0.375 - 0.5µV; FM 0.6µV
- SSB/FSK/CW 2.8 kHz, AM 6 kHz, FM 32 kHz
- Voltage needed:
- 24 .. 32 V
- Receiving: 7 W
- Transmitting low output: 50 W
- Transmitting high output: 160 W ( FSK, CW, FM, AM)
- Transmitting high output: 115 W ( SSB)
- Powered by:
- Hand generator G-76/G with cable CX-13175/G
- (PRC-70 itself needs cable CX-13176/G)
- Power supply / charger PP-6148/U
- Battery BB-542/U
- Rod antenna short 6 feet; AS-2976/PRC-70 (for 4 ... 76 MHz)
- Rod antenna long 9 feet; AS-2976/PRC-70 (for 3 ... 76 MHz)
- Dipole antenna AS-2975/PRC (for 2 ... 30 MHz)
- Antenna AS-2974/PRC-70: SSB/FM 40 km, AM 25 km
- Antenna AS-2975/PRC-70: CW up to 4000 km; SSB, AM up to 800 km
- Headset: H-251/U
- Handset: H-250/U
- CW key: KY-116/U
- Year of issue:
- Built by:
- Replaced by:
- PRC-74 and PRC-77
- Replaced by: